Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sergey007
Contributor
Contributor

Qlik Sense Desktop - umpossible to use in a corporate network

Hello Qlik Team,

I had a positive experience with QlikView as a developer a few years ago so now I decided to evaluate Qlik Sense on  my new job.

Unfortunately Qlik Sense Desktop requires an internet connection to operate, making it impossible to use in a highly restricted bank intranet environment. I feel very frustrated about it but it seems there is no cure for that.

I still hope to use a Qlik product, so here comes a question: is there a test license of Qlik Sense Server?
I presume it runs completely offline (no internet connection required) this may work out for me.

Cheers.

3 Replies
Vegar
MVP
MVP

If you describe your situation to either Qlik or your local Qlik partner I'm sure they will help you getting started with your evaluation using the Desktop or providing you a Qlik Sense server evaluation license.
Sergey007
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Dear

• QSD runs in a highly controlled corporate intranet (a private bank)
  • T
  • Any "cloud" internet resource is hard banned by the corporate IT
  • User fails to start QSD, full stop.

Hey, Qlik Team -- this is a very common case for "enterprise" users who try to use/evaluate QS (Desktop).
The funny thing is you already have this "10 days offline" mode! Then why didn't you provide alternative, "corporate-safe" ways to get an authentication token, say by email? This would make QSD available for many users behind corporate firewalls.

Cheers,
Sergey