Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
crichter14
Creator
Creator

Qlik Sense Document Analyzer

Is there a guide to using the the QS document analyzer?  For example, while drop fields seems intuitive (not using it drop it from the code) what does 1:  'Suboptimal numeric storage', actually mean?

I was hoping to interpret the results for non-data people so a good non-technical guide would be useful.

Thanks in advance.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
davequinn
Contributor III
Contributor III

I'm sure Rob won't mind me replying to this 🤞...

That warning is telling you that Qlik is using more memory to store the field than you might expect. 
I'll skip over why that might be, but if you force a sensible numeric format onto the field in the load script you should see the memory usage go down and the warning disappear - something like:

num([fieldname], '0.00') as fieldname

To give you an idea, in one of my Apps I had a currency value which was had a Symbol Width of 28.62, using 10Mb of Symbol Bytes. With the above code that dropped the width to 8 (as you would expect it to be) , and the Symbol table entry to 2.8

So it can be a big saving - the Symbol Width and Symbol Bytes column will tell you whether a field is worth fixing.

Hope that helps,

Dave

View solution in original post

2 Replies
davequinn
Contributor III
Contributor III

I'm sure Rob won't mind me replying to this 🤞...

That warning is telling you that Qlik is using more memory to store the field than you might expect. 
I'll skip over why that might be, but if you force a sensible numeric format onto the field in the load script you should see the memory usage go down and the warning disappear - something like:

num([fieldname], '0.00') as fieldname

To give you an idea, in one of my Apps I had a currency value which was had a Symbol Width of 28.62, using 10Mb of Symbol Bytes. With the above code that dropped the width to 8 (as you would expect it to be) , and the Symbol table entry to 2.8

So it can be a big saving - the Symbol Width and Symbol Bytes column will tell you whether a field is worth fixing.

Hope that helps,

Dave

crichter14
Creator
Creator
Author

Thank you for the insight!  it is much appreciated!