Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nancy_sbeity
Partner - Contributor III

Qlik Sense Enterprise - Local Users Access

Hi All,

I need a help in this case:

When I have a local user on a server, this user can still enter to the server remotely and access the qvf files, qvds and others...

My Purpose is to prevent this access. I don't want a local user to access QVD files and QVFs.

I suggested the following:

let's create 2 nodes:

1 - Central node that contains the apps, no proxy.

2 - Node that contains the proxy and no apps are added on this server.

I have a local user user1 on server 2. When he authenticates he can access all the apps from the server 1 from the hub. Is he able to access the QVDs and QVF files?

Thank you for your help

rodrigue.saade

4 Replies
fkeuroglian
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi Nancy

If the user acces to the hub to server 2, and the apps and qvf are not there, the user not be able to see all the files like qvd,qvf and more resources.

You have to connect from same way the server 1 to the server 2, to upload the app in server 2.

The qliksense server is in the server 2 i suppose

Ricardo_Gerhard
Employee
Employee

Dear Nancy,

The correct configuration on your environment is set up the DataConnections and define the security rules related for specific users. Qlik Sense is a web based software and have a lot of possibilities to write security rules respective a type of access requested.

The Engine and HUB will be working fine and ensure this configurations.

Please, mark the CORRECT/HELPFUL comments.

Regards.

Ricardo Gerhard
OEM Solution Architect
LATAM
nancy_sbeity
Author

My Concern is to prevent users to access windows files not apps in the hub.

I mean if a local user on the server 2, where the proxy is installed, authenticates. Is he able to see all the apps on the hub? (Apps don't exist on the server2, they are imported in server1 where the engine is installed and no proxy). Is the user able to access the qvf files? the qvds?

thank you

Ricardo_Gerhard
Employee
Employee

Dear Nancy,

Don´t mistake QS App Access by HUB, Windows Security Settings or DataConnections. Below, some links to help you understand.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/3.0/Subsystems/PlanningQlikSenseDeployments/Content/Server/Server-...

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/3.0/Subsystems/PlanningQlikSenseDeployments/Content/Server/Server-...

Please, mark the CORRECT/HELPFUL comments.

Ricardo Gerhard
OEM Solution Architect
LATAM