Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Qlik Sense Enterprise and Citrix

Hi Guys,

Is there any problem in Installing Qlik Sense Enterprise in Citrix Environment?
Any device or help regarding this?

Thank you

7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

You can not install Qliksense Enterprise to my knowledge. You can go with Qliksense desktop. But again check with Qlik on License compliance issues.

rodrigue_saade
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi Karthikeyan,

What we are thinking of is, installing Win Server (2008 or 2012) on Citrix, then installing QLik Sense Server on this Server as it is normally done on any server, and then access Qlik Sense through the Server URL, as it is the case normally.

Is it feasible this way?

if not, what are the limitations and issues?

Thank you.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I doubt the feasibility of having the windows server on the citrix machine, it requires different instances of licenses. Otherwise it's license compliance issue.

I would suggest to install Qsense server in normal server and having windows desktops in citrix. Desktops can either have client installed or browser based for development.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Something sounds adrift in your plans. 

Citrix needs to be installed on a Windows Server, but you say you are hoping to install Windows Server on Citrix which does not sound right.

Personally I would simply install Qlik Sense Server directly onto the Windows server and not install Citrix.

I may be misunderstanding something though.  What end result are you hoping to achieve with Citrix ?

rodrigue_saade
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi Bill,

From QLik Sense end, there is no need for Citrix. The end result would be a Windows Server where Qlik Sense Enterprise is installed, and accessed by the users.

However, the customer has standards and regulations, that force him to use Citrix. In this case, Citrix will have no value, but it is present. So, i need to double check, that it will not prevent the users from accessing Qlik, and all will be working fine.

Thank you.

dialika_bantog
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Any news on this one? 

Joshua557
Contributor
Contributor

What we are thinking of is, diebestetest installing Win Server (2008 or 2012) on Citrix, then installing QLik Sense Server on this Server as it is normally done on any server, and then access Qlik Sense through the Server URL, as it is the case normally.