cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
benvatvandata
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Qlik Sense Enterprise stuck at Unpacking Files during Installation

I am trying to install Qlik Sense Enterprise, and my setup keeps getting stuck at "Unpacking Files" (see image)... does anyone know what might be causing this?

Qlik Installation Unpacking Issue.PNG

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Vegar
MVP
MVP

I've experienced my self and heard from others that this February upgrade takes much longer time to install than the previous versions. I suggest you to have patience, take a "Swedish fika" and talk about the weather with an colleague.

If it still is not moving then I would, cancel, restart and retry the upgrade.

Good luck!

View solution in original post

Vegar
MVP
MVP

On my small environment with very limited amount of applications, users and
usage history it took about an hour.

Is it still stuck since yesterday in your installation upgrade? Then you
should abort and retry.

/Vegar

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Vegar
MVP
MVP

I've experienced my self and heard from others that this February upgrade takes much longer time to install than the previous versions. I suggest you to have patience, take a "Swedish fika" and talk about the weather with an colleague.

If it still is not moving then I would, cancel, restart and retry the upgrade.

Good luck!
benvatvandata
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

How long does it usually take? 

Vegar
MVP
MVP

On my small environment with very limited amount of applications, users and
usage history it took about an hour.

Is it still stuck since yesterday in your installation upgrade? Then you
should abort and retry.

/Vegar
benvatvandata
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Sorry for the late response, I waited around 2-3 hours every time I tried to install (after aborting and trying again)... but you were right about it taking a long time... eventually it worked after I don't know how long, I just let it go overnight.

Thanks!

Ben

Edwin1971
Contributor
Contributor

The reason why the install takes soo long is because some part of the installer / unpacking routine doesn't like it when some privilege escalation software like BeyondTrust is present on the pc and monitoring what you do. Remove or de-activate the software temporarily and then run the install. I've noticed the exact same problem with the Bartender software from Seagull. Once the privilege management software is inactive the installer completes in roughly 10 minutes.