Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
demonioazul
Creator
Creator

Qlik Sense - Export to Excel works but outputs data with errors

Hello there!

I am not new to QS but I couldn't find the right forum to ask this.

I have an app (the typical sales-orders-profit) which works perfectly and I perform a manual test with the input Excel file vs the app, everything matches.

Original file:

2019-11-12 17_19_00-export.XLSX - Excel totals.png

QS app:

2019-11-12 17_17_29-Qlik Sense Desktop - Totals.png

Then I perform a QS <Export data> without doing anything to the app and the totals do not match what I see in my app!!

2019-11-12 17_20_35-All PCs.xlsx - QS Excel Export.png

I've been using QS for some years now, but this is the first time this happens to me. I have checked rounding numbers, that's not it.  I have looked for anyone who posted something similar and I could not find the same problem. 

For your help, I thank you in advance. I am getting crazy trying to find what is wrong...

Cheers,

~Demian

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
demonioazul
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks @JordyWegman 

I was desperate and created from scratch the very same app again.

I even copied and pasted the scripts from the old app.

Now this new app has no issues, every single record is being exported correctly and the sums add up as they should, as always.

My guess is that my original app got corrupted somehow at some point. The new app is working perfectly, as usual.

Thanks again!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Totals in Qlik Sense will depend on expression used and may not be equal to sum of all rows.
cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
demonioazul
Creator
Creator
Author

Sorry, but that has never happened before.

A simple Sum(Field) shouldn't be a problem.

Besides, QS shows on screen the right sums, but the export doesn't.

And, it's not the only time I have done exports to Excel, but it is the first time the rows don't add up in the exported file.

Last but not least, if this is indeed the real explanation, then Qlik Sense is not reliable and this could be the reason to discard it completely.

JordyWegman
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi,

Can you maybe share the app? Maybe with some fake data? Then we can try to recreate the problem.

Jordy

Climber

Work smarter, not harder
demonioazul
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks @JordyWegman 

I was desperate and created from scratch the very same app again.

I even copied and pasted the scripts from the old app.

Now this new app has no issues, every single record is being exported correctly and the sums add up as they should, as always.

My guess is that my original app got corrupted somehow at some point. The new app is working perfectly, as usual.

Thanks again!