Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kevinpintokpa
Creator II
Creator II

Qlik Sense: Failed to get app because there is no app loaded

I am using Qlik Sense Desktop (not server) and have an app which now displays this message during reload:

Qlik Sense No App error.png

This message is displayed after reloading.  The reloading itself seems to proceed OK - the log file ends with:

2016-05-27 21:26:04      Execution finished.

But the new data is not saved in the app !!!

I have tried closing down also Qlik processes, rebooting the PC, etc. but nothing works.  Any ideas?  The app has become unusable if I cannot get data into it. 

I found this other thread but it does not solve my problem: https://community.qlikview.com/thread/167918

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kevinpintokpa
Creator II
Creator II
Author

After upgrading the same system to Qlik Sense Desktop 3.0.0, this error seems to have gone away when using the same QVF.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Kevin,

Did you find a resolution to this one?

One of my Customers has been having this error message coming up incessantly since upgrading to 2.2.4 on the Desktop (they currently only copy up QVF's to the server at the last minute).

It is to the point of being a major problem for them.

If anyone has any pointers I would be pleased to hear them.

Steve

kevinpintokpa
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Steve,

Unfortunately, no.  The problem is 80% present, and its effect is only 80% predictable.

20% of the time, the app will open and reload without any complaint.

When the error message occurs, the app is usually saved with the new data.  Sometimes it isn't.  So I have to go and check the app against the newest source data to make sure that it is now present.

Ugh 😞

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Indeed.  My client who had the error said that they noticed that they could go a fair while without seeing the error, provided they didn't need to do a reload - so the issue may be to do with that somehow.  Nothing conclusive though.

Hopefully it will be fixed in 3.0.

Not applicable

Very unimpressed with this bug! Just lost my one and only file version..

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

The client that was having the problem has said that they haven't encountered it yet in Version 3.0 - so that is a good sign.

It's never good when you lose a whole chunk of work though.

michaelsmith
Contributor III
Contributor III

I managed to overcome this error message by closing Qlik Sense completely and then going to task manager and closing the QlikSense.exe process that was, for some unknown reason, still running.  When I went back into Qlik Sense I was able to open my application as normal...

kevinpintokpa
Creator II
Creator II
Author

After upgrading the same system to Qlik Sense Desktop 3.0.0, this error seems to have gone away when using the same QVF.