Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlik Sense Filtered Story

Hello,

I have a requirement to create a 10 slide story which is filtered. Meaning that I create a base story and a user could open it in the context of their sales territory. So that the Boston sales rep and the NYC sales rep could use the same story but in their own context.

I can somewhat achieve this using embedded sheets and a territory filter. However, the user has to set the filter on every slide of the story. I would prefer that they could either select their territory once, or get creative with section access so that they don't have to do anything. Does anyone else have experience doing this?

Also, I know this isn't possible yet but exporting this to PPT or PDF would be huge too.

Regards,

Tyler

6 Replies
ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

‌if your requirement is to provide user filtered tailored snapshots of information at a regular intervals leveraging your investment in Qlik I would suggest you look at something like nPrinting for your needs.

Story telling as you are finding is not cut out for that requirement.  Its there for allowing a user to share their insights in the data not have someone do it for them.

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Tyler,

As Andy suggested, talking to Qlik regarding nPrinting would help you as it's been acquired by Qlik recently.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Andy. I will look into NPrinting.

It's too bad that we can export embedded sheets to PDF or PPT. Seems like a big limitation. However, I did hear from our Account Manager that this should be in the February release.

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

‌No problem.  You must remember this is a relatively new product and they are working hard to release as many features as possible in a short period of time.   You will get a lot out of using it if you can accept its current feature set and focus on  what it does well at the moment.  The other things will come over time.

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Tyler,

What Andy is said is absolutely true and I totally agree with him. I personally believe that qlik sense is a very capable platform and with a lot of potential.

nvijay5757
Creator
Creator

Hi,

Have you got the solution to this problem.

i have the same use case help me thanks.