Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
simondachstr
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Qlik Sense Licensing - mixmatch of login & user access passes

Hi,

I have spent a couple of time researching about the Qlik Sense licensing model past days but I could not find an answer to the following two use cases:

1.) If one single user uses up more than 10 login access passes (= 1 token), does he automatically get a user access pass allocated or does he keep consuming more login access passes?

2.) If we allocate a user access pass to a frequent user who has so far used up e.g. 6 login access passes, do the latter get freed up? (I appreciate this one would not make much sense if they did)

Thanks,

Martin

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

1) No .  an admin in the QMC has to allocate a user pass to the user

2) Allocating a user pass requires a full token. That would remove 10 logins passes from the remaining pool of logins. The 6 previously used login passes would come back into the pool after the 28 day period.  If there were only 4 login passes in the first place i don't think you could allocate a user pass until 10 are available again.

thats how i think it would work but i would suggest checking with your qlik account manager to be doubly sure.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

1) No .  an admin in the QMC has to allocate a user pass to the user

2) Allocating a user pass requires a full token. That would remove 10 logins passes from the remaining pool of logins. The 6 previously used login passes would come back into the pool after the 28 day period.  If there were only 4 login passes in the first place i don't think you could allocate a user pass until 10 are available again.

thats how i think it would work but i would suggest checking with your qlik account manager to be doubly sure.

simondachstr
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni
Author

Thanks for your reply Jonathan.

So regarding 1), if we "forget" to assign a user access token to, let's say, a power user, he might end up eating up an enormous amount (8-10) of tokens in one month? And Qlik does not have a clever way of detecting such a "misuse" of license consumption?

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

The license monitor app (in the monitoring apps stream in the hub) has a "login access passes per user' chart on the 'login access history' sheet.  You'd have to manually monitor it to pick up mistakes. Later we should be able to write an alert on it ... so you would get notified if a user consumed more 10 logins in a month. The latter would be clever, the former is just manual.

simondachstr
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni
Author

Alright, so it's a little bit like going abroad on holiday and making sure Mobile Data inc. 3G is switched off. Otherwise I will get a £300 bill from o2.

simondachstr
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni
Author

mto‌ Can you maybe comment? I am sure you know the answer to this.

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Martin, happy to help - I believe Jonathan had answered these sufficiently and accurately. Is there a specific part of the question you would like me to elaborate on - or perhaps do more research for you on?

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
simondachstr
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni
Author

Hi Michael,

You confirming what Jonathan wrote is accurate is what I needed. I will mark his reply as correct.

Many thanks,

Martin