Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlik Sense Line Chart change colors of multiple measures with single dimensions

Hi,

I have a Line Chart (filled with Area)

Dimension: Date

Measures: m1, m2, m3, m4

How can I give different color to each measure by using expression. I do not want to use colors or color schema what ever offered by Click.

I have info about changing colors by using multi-dimensions using ValueList but for here it is single dimension and multiple measures. Is there any way to change to my own 4 colors for 4 measures?

Help is appreciated! Thank you.

Chaitanya

8 Replies
ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Not at the moment no.

Not applicable
Author

When will you make the feature available to customers? Thanks.

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Not sure what's on the roadmap. If it's a feature you want put it in as an idea and if enough people like it then it will move up the priority list.

shraddha_g
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

Make a secondary dinmension using Valuelist(m1,m2,m3,m4)

Measures: Pick(wildmatch(Valuelist(m1,m2,m3,m4),m1,m2,m3,m4),Expr1, Expr2,Expr3,Expr4)

In Color by Expression: Pick(wildmatch(Valuelist(m1,m2,m3,m4),m1,m2,m3,m4),rgb(),rgb(),rgb(),rgb())

I hope it is helpful.

Not applicable
Author

Yes we at SAMSUNG, facing issues with the random color combination. That would be a great help if we can customize!

shraddha_g
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

Please Close this thread by selecting correct answer if you have got any helpful answer so that other can get help from it.

Not applicable
Author

Sure. What ever you posted it did not work for me. But thanks for help!

CreepyCatLady
Creator
Creator

I was looking for an answer to this problem and I found the solution here:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/New-to-Qlik-Sense/Custom-Colors-for-Multiple-Measures-Expression/m-p/1... 

In summary, create Master Items for each of your measures and assign their color there. Then when you select Auto for colors, your assigned colors will be displayed. Hope this helps.