Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rajarshi_guin
Contributor III
Contributor III

Qlik Sense Map Creation

Hi All,

I have a file which contains the US State names along with various other measures columns. I want to display the States in a map. I am able to create a map by storing latitude and longitude information of all the states in another file and then importing that file into Qlik Sense.

However, my query is can we create a map without separately importing the longitude and latitude information from another file. Is Qlik Sense able to create a map if we have only the State names in a file without longitude and latitude information? If yes. can anyone please let me know how to do that.

Thanks and Regards,

Rajarshi Guin

17 Replies
consultant_bi
Creator
Creator

hello Omar,

through the data load editor

OmarBenSalem

So, u don't have anything to synchronize since u've already used the data load editor to load ur table.

Synchronize =

U've loaded ur data through the script; the tables have thus been created in the SCRIPT.

Now, if u want Qlik to help with some things (like recognizing GeoFields in our case)

We want to tranfer our tables from the script to the data load editor (where the recognizition is possible)

=> Synchronize  = SYNCHRONIZE table from the script to load editor = qlik sense will synchronise the tables loaded in the script and "transfer" them into its data load editor so that he could have full countrol over ur data and "HELP us".

Hope that was clear?

consultant_bi
Creator
Creator

oh okay i got it now , when you load the data through the script to make it editable and helpful with Qlik into the Data Load Editor the Synchronise gonna be able then.

thank you it's clear now.

YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

I know this, he was talking about States

maybe you mean "ask for an improvment on this feature to let Qliksense recognize more type of Geo informations on the future" like States, Adresses (it is planned for this year) ?

Otherwise, if it is not possible, they can't help him (they will ask him to add KML or LAT/LONG data).

OmarBenSalem

I think United STATES are recognized; (Washington is a State, New York.. etc)

It's not a department, It's the US State names he's trying to show:

Capture.PNG

YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

I read it already Omar,

States.png

If I was sure that States are recognized, I would have said that

but if you just think, you can ask an expert like mto‌ to confirm you this info.

and If it is recognized, just verify that states correctly wrote consultant_bi

good luck

consultant_bi
Creator
Creator

it's working for States too you have just to wright the correct name in correct formatSans titre.png

YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

Very Good, that's what I was talking about