Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Qlik Sense Maps - colour by selection

Hello

I'm new to Qlik and have been playing around with Qlik Maps. I have a map of all of my sales people and their customers, coloured by dimension (Sales Person name). How could I overwrite my source data, e.g. Move Customers A,B and C from Sales Person John to Sales Person Mike and have this displayed in Mike's colour on the map now?

I've tried using the laso and bookmark but it's not ideal as I have 15 sales people and bookmark only does 1 selection at a time. Ideally I want to be able to combine multiple and be able to see what would my sales area look like if I move customers between sales people.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

You need this extensions:

1. sense-input-variable-master

2. Sense-Reloader-master

from branch.qlik.com

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hello

Doubt:

What is your source of information (sql, txt, csv, xls ...)?

suggestion:

You can add a variable (s), co the extension of variables to modify that value of the variable; Install the refresh extension (refresh button) and associate the variable (s) with the vendor.

I expect comments.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Victor, thanks for taking some time to help me

Source info feeds from qvd - from a different qlik file then excel.

Are you suggesting setting the Sales Person name as a variable and pass other "Sales People" names through it? How could I be able to do this multiple times without forgetting the selections I've done in the beginning. My data has thousands of customers and hundreds of sales people.

I've attached a really small sample of my table files but this is what essentially I'm trying to achieve with the data. I've attached the example as a qvw even though my main application is in qlik sense but it's the same principle (I believe).

Once I'm able to change the data in the table file, applying this to the map should follow

Once again, thank you for your help

Not applicable
Author

Hello

I do not quite understand the point.

But, taking as input the fields you shared in your Qlikview App, migrate it to Sense.

I made an app that allows you to add in a table using a variable, the records you select (clients, sellers).

As far as I understand you, you would select certain records, associate them with a new field / value or variable and require to be stored; Well, you can do this manually in excel, but if you require it to be in Qlik, I recommend you export your table selections to excel and feed back your qlik sense App.

I share you what I did together with the data file.

Greetings.

Not applicable
Author

You need this extensions:

1. sense-input-variable-master

2. Sense-Reloader-master

from branch.qlik.com

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you, Victor. I think that's the way to go until Qlik make it easier to "edit" and apply changes.

Many thanks