Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
syed_khadir
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Qlik Sense Native Objects Vs Extensions - Performance

Hi All,

I am working on a project which has a need of extension's and basically we do not have an option as the UI is complex and have to go with extension's. With that said...the question I have is..

Does the extensive use of Extension in a Dashboard hit the performance? There will be like 60 extension objects and will be accompanied by Mashup.

To my understanding if its Native objects the data is handled at the server level, however with extension it will be at client...

Please advise... Also any arty related to this topic will help.

Thanks in advance ..:)

- Syed

4 Replies
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Native objects and extensions work with exactly the same APIs so there is no other performance difference than what the programmers making the code is responsible for. The APIs that are available will cover both client and server oriented functionality.

syed_khadir
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Thank you Petter for Quick reply, Presently we are using a Basic Mashup Template which available by Default and Vizlib extensions for our POC ... also the data is from Excel file with just 5000 records, The mashup load time is around 40 sec which is way to high ... I am worried when we actually go production which will have like 50M records ... Will my Dashboard work ... and Having the extension approach is right??

Note I cant eliminate the data as thats pretty much required.. Any suggestion if the Extension approach is viable  

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Loading data throught a load script shouldn't make a difference. Why your mashup takes 40 seconds to load must be because of the dimensions and measures with expresssions that are used in the mashup. 5000 rows of data is very little data. How many columns in this Excel file do you have?  How is your Qlik data model - number of tables and rows in each table?

How do you plan to load 50 million records from an Excel file anyway?

syed_khadir
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

I am sorry for the confusion, The one which I am talking about is just a POC and the actual data will be 50 M records from database and during that time we will have the DM and 3 Tier architecture in place...

But for now.. with the limited set of data and just few columns in my Excel file .. The dashboard is way to slow as I have 50-60 Extension objects..Thats why I am concerned and need opinion.