Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kanth
Contributor III
Contributor III

Qlik Sense Node1 installation issue

Hi Team, 

we are tiring install the new Qlik Sense environment on Windows machines . we've installed the central node and activated the license as well. Now we are trying to install the new node and getting below error. can you please let us know how to fix this issue. 

10 Replies
Øystein_Kolsrud
Employee
Employee

I'd start by checking that the postgres instance is accepting connections from the rim node IP address. This article should be helpful to help you navigate how to verify that:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge/PostgreSQL-postgresql-conf-and-pg-hba-conf-explained/ta-p/17...

kanth
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Yko,

Thanks for your replay

I am using the Qlik Sense 12.5 version and not able to see the path can you please give the exact path of below two files

1. pg_hba.conf
  2. postgresql.conf
kanth
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Also when i am checking the below command on my node machine getting this 

Test-NetConnection -ComputerName or1010051084042 -Port 5432

please let me know what could be the issue. 

really appreciate your quick help 

Øystein_Kolsrud
Employee
Employee

Is your postgres instance using port 5432? Default is 4432 when you install Qlik Sense. Perhaps you simply need to use the correct port number?

As for the exact folder, that depends on where you have installed postgres, so I can't really give you an exact path.

kanth
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I've found the below conf file path , do you know how we can check the what port number has been used and when the time of centernal node installation. 

1. pg_hba.conf
  2. postgresql.conf

also when I am checking the below commands on Node1 machines getting attached responses 

Test-NetConnection -ComputerName or1010051084042 -Port 5432

Test-NetConnection -ComputerName or1010051084042 -Port 4432

can you please let help me to install the node server

Øystein_Kolsrud
Employee
Employee

The port should be defined in the file postgresql.conf. There should be a line in there that looks like this:

port = <port number>

Whatever is in that "port number" is the number to use. The default value for postgres is 5432 I believe, but Qlik typically uses 4432.

Other than that, you should verify that the listen addresses are correctly defined according to your needs. Those are important to ensure that the postgres server will accept incoming connections from other nodes than localhost.

kanth
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

you wnat me to give the listen addresses  of my node IP ?

kanth
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

My issue is not resolved.

Øystein_Kolsrud
Employee
Employee

I'd suggest you contact support. The specifics of your deployment is ill suited for a public community like this.