Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vinestim
Contributor III
Contributor III

Qlik Sense November 2018 Date Picker in Custom Objects Dashboard Bundle

Hello, I am using the Qlik Sense Date Picker that was included in the November 2018 Custom Objects Dashboard Bundle. One issue I am finding, the date available for the selected date dimension is 1 day greater than my minimum date and is 1 day less than my maximum date. Any advice here? As I am unable to add/subtract a date to the drop down field selector. 

21 Replies
eberhardteduard
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hello. Any updates on this topic?
I'm facing the same problem.
vinestim
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Still no solution yet. I created a new test APP with nothing but the below InLine load. Submitted the same results to QLIK yesterday for review.

factLeadsTable:
Load * Inline [
MyDate
01/02/2018
01/03/2018
01/04/2018
01/05/2018
01/06/2018
01/07/2018
01/08/2018
01/09/2018
01/10/2018
01/11/2018
];

Ken_Thomas
Former Employee
Former Employee

So far I have not been able to reproduce this behavior. In my Nov 2018 patch 1 environment, I do not see the issue with the first and last date being off by 1 day, but I am unable to select the last day. We are still working on trying to figure this out, why sometimes it is off by a day for the minimum date and the maximum date. 

Ken_Thomas
Former Employee
Former Employee

Found that the behavior of this date picker custom object appears to be tied to the date/timezone/regional settings of the server.  When the timezone is *UTC-5 US Eastern the behavior is as Timothy has described here in this thread. The behavior has been reproduced and a bug has been logged today to ask R&D to look into this. Please note - the bug has not been reviewed by R&D yet, but I wanted to give an update on the community thread about this problem. If you are discussing this issue on an open case, please reference this bug number: QLIK-92879 
I will post here as soon as I have some more information.
-Ken

Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Hi,
Sorry about the trouble, thanks for reporting. From what I can see this have been fixed in the coming Feb 19 release.
Thanks,
Patric
Ken_Thomas
Former Employee
Former Employee

Thanks Patric. that is good news! 

vinestim
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

The February 2019 release repaired this issue Smiley Happy

Ken_Thomas
Former Employee
Former Employee

The bug is listed as fixed in the Feb 2019 release notes. We authored a knowledge article about this issue as well:

Extension Bundle Date Picker: Start Date and End Date Off By One day (000063186)

Kaushiki
Partner Ambassador Alumni
Partner Ambassador Alumni

Please let us know if the timestamp and time zone can be removed from the date picker in Nov 2018 version.

Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

I would use date(floor(TS_Field))