cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
iamsalman
Contributor II
Contributor II

Qlik Sense Performance Logging-Warning Level

I want to automate Qlik Sense Engine Logging to Warning Level by using a script. I found some related documentations here:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge/How-to-enable-Qlik-Sense-QIX-performance-logging-and-use-the...

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge/How-to-enable-QlikView-QIX-performance-logging/ta-p/1716038

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge/How-to-enable-Qlik-Sense-Desktop-debug-level-logging/ta-p/17...

Following the above guides, I put the following lines in C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Engine\Settings.ini

[Settings 7]
SystemLogVerbosity=2
WarningProcessTimeMs=30000
ErrorProcessTimeMs=60000
WarningPeakMemory= 1073741824
ErrorPeakMemory= 2147483648

But it does not work even after I restart Proxy service and/or engine service. Is there some way I can automate this configuration? Doing manually using GUI is not an option!

Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
iamsalman
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

For anyone trying to automate this step in future, here is how I did it in the end (Powershell script):

$currentTime = $(Get-Date -Format "yyyy-MM-ddTHH:mm")
$engineSettings = '"settings":{"auditActivityLogVerbosity":1, "serviceLogVerbosity":3, "systemLogVerbosity":3, "performanceLogVerbosity":3, "qixPerformanceLogVerbosity":0, "auditLogVerbosity":0, "sessionLogVerbosity":3, "trafficLogVerbosity":0, "sseLogVerbosity":3}'
$engineLogsBody = '{' + $engineSettings + ',"modifiedDate":"' + $currentTime + '"}'
$qlikEngine = Get-QlikEngine
Invoke-QlikPut -path "/qrs/engineservice/$($qlikEngine.id)" -body $engineLogsBody -ContentType 'application/json'

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

I'd want to first ask, why don't you believe it is working? Things to confirm:

• QMC > Engines > QIX Performance Logging has been to set to WARN?
    • If you change this, you will need to restart the Engine
  • There is a blank line at the end of the Settings.ini file?
    • If you change this, you will need to restart the Engine
  • You have an app which makes a request which either takes more than 30 seconds / 1GB to process?
    • The 30 second criteria should be able to simulate easily with dummy data.
  • Nothing is written to C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Log\Engine\Trace\<serverName>_QixPerformance_Engine.txt ?

iamsalman
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

As I mentioned in my question, using the GUI, traversing to QMC > Engines > Logging and changing the log level by UI interaction is not what I am looking for. I want to just update the settings.ini file and I expect those configuration changes to reflect in the GUI.

After updating the ini file (and confirming there is a new line character in the end), restart engine service, I reopen the QMC > Engines > Logging but I see no change there. It is still set to default "Info" level logging. Attached screenshot:qmc_engine_logging.PNG

iamsalman
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

For anyone trying to automate this step in future, here is how I did it in the end (Powershell script):

$currentTime = $(Get-Date -Format "yyyy-MM-ddTHH:mm")
$engineSettings = '"settings":{"auditActivityLogVerbosity":1, "serviceLogVerbosity":3, "systemLogVerbosity":3, "performanceLogVerbosity":3, "qixPerformanceLogVerbosity":0, "auditLogVerbosity":0, "sessionLogVerbosity":3, "trafficLogVerbosity":0, "sseLogVerbosity":3}'
$engineLogsBody = '{' + $engineSettings + ',"modifiedDate":"' + $currentTime + '"}'
$qlikEngine = Get-QlikEngine
Invoke-QlikPut -path "/qrs/engineservice/$($qlikEngine.id)" -body $engineLogsBody -ContentType 'application/json'