Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlik Sense - Problem sorting legend

I have a line chart with two dimensions, Month & Year. However, on the first year the data only starts in July so the legend is not sorted correctly. On our actual data the problem is even worse as many of the years have only got data for a few months (and not necessarily starting in January). I understand the why, but was wondering if there was an obvious fix I was missing. Below is a simplified example of the problem. I'd like the legend to be sorted correctly.

problem.jpg

13 Replies
rbecher
MVP
MVP

Right, I need to sort Month. If so, it destroys Year ascending sorting. Only descending seems to work in my case.

I think the issue here is the missing monthly values in some years.

A fix could be using a ValueLoop(1,12) for Month dimension instead but then measures get complicated.

Astrato.io Head of R&D
ahorvat
Contributor III
Contributor III

This workaround still works. But the whole situation is not normal and still not fixed in June 2017, Patch 1 or 2.

Do you have any info if this was reported as bug and Qlik looking into it?

madsgrathe
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

To anyone who still has this problem, searched for it and ended out in this thread, I found the solution here:

https://support.qlik.com/articles/000049105

Basically you need to turn of the 'Auto' Colors in the 'Colors and Legend' properties of the chart and change it to 'By Dimension'.

lark9820
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi Sir,  do you have English version qlik sense ?

it seems that I am able to find the answer from your post.