Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlik Sense - Proxy Port - Can this be change

We have our CRM package using port 443 - can we configure Qlik Sense to use an alternative port?

Thanks

Sarah

16 Replies
grangerats
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

I just barely did this yesterday on Qlik Sense 3.1; it totally works. Like @Michael  instructed, I used pgAdmin3, but I used the Repository Db Superuser Password from the installation process to connect. And, yes, you absolutely must bounce the Windows services for Qlik Sense (since the Central Proxy has to be restarted, and you can't get into the QMC yet).

Though, in my case, after bouncing the Repository Database (because it makes all the other services bounce too), many of the Qlik Sense services failed to restart automatically, so I had to manually start them; watch for that. Once that was done, I got into the QMC just fine. (And then I immediately change the default Virtual Proxy's "Windows authentication pattern" setting to "Forms", because I also hate Http Basic Authentication's inability to logout without closing down the browser.)

Now that I know how to do this, I find it easier than having to remember to stop the IIS website instance that's using ports 80 and 443 before I start the Qlik Sense installation. I'm also glad that I have a clean install of Windows, because Qlik Sense uses a ton of ports. I'm a little nervous that at some point, I'm going to have once again use netstat to manually confirm that there's no port conflicts for other services while troubleshooting a problem. E.g.:  netstat -a -b -n -o | find "4242"

luizbezerra
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Michael, Good morning!
First of all pleasure, my name is Luiz Fernando and I am now joining the Qliksense universe.
I've seen a comment from you about QlikSense authentication for the http and https communication ports.
In my organization, we are not allowed to release port 80 and 8080, so I have the alternative to install the certificate and make the communication through port 443, configured in the correct QMC?
Is there any instruction for installing the certificate and configuration, which needs to follow a sequence?
I want to be sure that I'm doing the right thing for setting up the environment.

Thank you so much

mto

Luiz Fernando Bezerra
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello Luiz - sorry for the delay - I was on vacation - you are correct - you can find that information here:

http://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/June2017/Subsystems/PlanningQlikSenseDeployments/Content/Deployment...

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/June2017/Subsystems/ManagementConsole/Content/change-to-signed-ser...

Trust this will guide you in the right direction.

Stay well 🙂

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
luizbezerra
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Michael,@mto

Thanks for the feedback, I apologize for bothering you on your vacation.

Then my understanding was correct.

Thank you for reinforcing my thinking. I'm really enjoying this world of Qlik Sense, still adapting.

Thank you very much

Luiz Fernando Bezerra
santho_ak
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi luizbezerra‌ can you share me how you changed the port from 80 to 443. I am trying to achieve the same.

santho_ak
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi @Mike. What if there is no pg admin.exe in the specified path. (C:\Program Files\Qlik\Sense\Repository\PostgreSQL\9.3\bin\pgAdmin3.exe) . Is there anything that is missed out during installation.

Hephaistos
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Hi Mike,

I'm willing to change the ports and have connected to the database via the pgadmin tool.  However, there are no tables available into the system.

However it is crucial to change the port numbers into something else.  Company policy that nothing should run at 80 / 8080 /8443/443.

What is going wrong at my side and is there another way to change the port settings?

I'm trying to install the Februari19 or November18 release, but both are having the same behaviour.

Regards,

Jorn