Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Qlik Sense QMC - Granting access to a group to only acces one app in a stream

Hi All,

So I got a requirement to grant access to a group of people to only one app in one of our streams. I have review the video below and follow all the steps based on the video with no results. Can someone please assist.

(resource.resourcetype= "App" and resource. stream. HasPrivilege("read")and resource.@AppProfessionalServices.empty()) or ((resource.resourtype="App.Object" and resource.Published ="true")and resource.app.stream.HasPrivilege("read"))

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Sorry for got to add the link to the video I was referring to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feSaaJZ7Jco&feature=youtu.be&t=678

shraddha_g
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

Create a custom property for Users.

Assign appropriate values for Custom Property(Say Name of Stream)

Assign Custom property value to users whom you want to give access to this stream.

Create associated Security Rule for access that stream and Use Custom Property over there while creating a security rule

MK9885
Master II
Master II

((user.@SalesStream="SaleStream" and user.@SalesGroup="SalesGroup" and resource.objectType="sheet" and user.@SalesApp="Sales App" and resource.objectType="app" ))

Not sure about object type=sheet

I believe Salesgroup is not required as well cus then it would inividual users with new custom property which we already defined by assigning SalesApp to user as property.

But you'd need to create Custom Property for the

Stream+Users= SaleStream

Apps+Users=SalesApp

Then add that custom property to the users who would be assigned as a group.

Resource filters should be Stream, App and sheet I guess.

Cannot guarantee if above would work but it is the simplest way I believe.