Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IuliaM
Contributor III
Contributor III

Qlik Sense QRS API POST request via proxy

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to issue POST commands to the Qlik Sense QRS API via the Proxy and I do not know which is the way to transfer the session cookie from a GET command to a POST one.  Has anyone done this before? 

I tried to add a 'SessionID' header with the id that I get when I do the GET command but that does not work, I guess the session is closed immediately after the GET command.

Thank you for your help!

Iulia

Labels (2)
3 Replies
garadams1
Contributor II
Contributor II

Did you ever figure this out?

IuliaM
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi,

I could not get it working via proxy unfortunately. but I did get much better results by changing the authentication method to header authentication which is not as secured but as our servers are quite locked out that's fine. so using header authentication you can work without issues. We had invested a lot of months in trying to get the proxy version working with no luck. we involved a senior consultant that spent hours on it but also no luck. 

hope this helps.

cheers

Iulia

Øystein_Kolsrud
Employee
Employee

It should be all about picking up the right cookie and passing it in the correct way. Here is an example of how to do it in C#. Notice that the cookie needs to have the correct domain setting:

https://github.com/kolsrud/qlik_rest_sdk/blob/master/Qlik.Sense.RestClient/Qlik.Sense.RestClient/Con...