Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
asb02512
Contributor III
Contributor III

Qlik Sense Root Admin Login Issue

Hello All.

Issue:- Unable to login using Root Admin ID.

we are  using Qlik Sense 3.0. We created Three Root Admins and one test user. It was working fine. But Today(i.e.Dec 19th 2016) when we try to login to the Qlik sense using ROOT ADMIN Credentials. not getting the access again and again asking for username password.

When we try to login using the Test User (not an admin) logged in successfully. but to work on the apps we need to logged in using Admin access.

I tried to troubleshoot by repairing the installation but there is no use. and tried to access using different browsers still we cant access the the QMC or Hub facing the same issue. Can anyone please help in this regard.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
asb02512
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Guys Got it.... From AD i reset all the Passwords of the ADMIN USERS and Configured with new passwords. Restarted all the QLIK Services. Now i got the access for all the ADMINS and tested through all the browsers. Its working now, Thanks for your support SHRADDHA and LECH thank u so much

View solution in original post

15 Replies
shraddha_g
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

You are not able to login by any of the 3 root admin users?

asb02512
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

YEAH I AM NOT ABLE TO LOGIN BY ANY OF 3 ADMIN USERS.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Try to login using service account (the account QlikSense service is running on). Also to troubleshoot i would RDP to server and try to login localy from there.

There could be an issue if you wrongly configured AD filter to disable some of the users in directory connector.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
asb02512
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Dear Lech Already done what you said but still facing the same Issue

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

just to confirm.

• You have RDP to server using account which is running also QlikSense server
  • and you have tried to access QMC from there and it is not letting you through

What error do you see? do you have any error or it is just not logging in?

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
asb02512
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

not showing any error just not logging in

shraddha_g
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

Try changing role of one of the root admin to another and try.

asb02512
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Dear Shraddha If i get access to the QMC i will do that but here the issue is not getting the ACCESS

shraddha_g
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

I guess you said you can login by Test User