Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Qlik Sense SSL certificate request (CSR)

Hello,

Can someone help me with the certficate request for our customer ?

Can I use the certificate request of IIS, send back to CA the .txt file generated and finally install the certificate issued by public CA on QLIK SENSE SERVER ?

Please guide me to the right path.

Many Thanks

Andrea

6 Replies
Not applicable

Hi Andrea,

If you want to use a certificate from a different CA than the self-signed certificate created by Sense you can find information about adding the security thumbprint here:

http://help.qlik.com/sense/en-US/online/#../Subsystems/ManagementConsole/Content/ServerUserGuide/SUG...

When you import your certificate on the Qlik Sense server, it will require the private key and you will want to use a server certificate to create the trust between IIS and the Qlik Sense server.  I recommend importing the certificate to the Local Machine\Personal certificate store.

Depending on the CA that created the cert, you may have to add the root certificate from that CA to the Trusted Root Certificate Authorities Store under Local Machine as well.

agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion
Author

I know how to install the certificate on Qlik sense server.

I need to know If I can use any IIS to generate a certificate request (CSR) for our customer.

Next I'll use the .txt file generated from the CSR and I'll send it to the CA.

Andrea

Not applicable

I think a Cert Request can be created by IIS, but it has to be able to talk to existing CA in order to create a cert from that request.  You can create a self-signed cert on the IIS server (I'm sure you know that), but that's not going to give you what you want I think.

I do not believe there is a way to take the CSR and ask the Qlik Sense server to complete the request because their is no CA on the Qlik Sense server to process it.

Is there a reason you don't export certs from the QMC supplying the IIS machine name in the dialog to have a server cert created for that system that will be trusted back to the Qlik Sense server?

Don't know if this is helpful, but if you provide me some more information I hope I can answer your question completely.

agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion
Author

I just tried to use self-signed certificate but It doesn't works on iPAD.

That's why I'm going to buy a certificate from a public CA.

I'd like to be sure about the CSR from IIS.

Not applicable

Hi Andrea,

have you solved your doubt?

I can not find a minimum of documentation that talk about how to generate the request for the SSL certificate in SENSE.

Have you utilized IIS for generate the request to send to public CA?

Have you solved the issues with ur IPad/IPhone?

If yes, what CA have u chosen?

Thank you

Fabio

agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion
Author

Yes i was able to create CSR from IIS.

I used RapidSSL as CA.

Regards

Andrea