Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlik Sense Security Rules and Roles

Hi Experts,

I have started new discussion group talks about Security rules and roles in Qlik Sense.

I am new to this Qlik Sense. I just want to know how to create a security roles, user groups and assign the user groups to specific roles.

Can you please share you valuable details in this.

Many Thanks ...!

10 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Have you read the online help already? Designing access control ‒ Qlik Sense

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Not applicable
Author

I am working on it. Thanks for link.

Not applicable
Author

Common administrator roles include:

RootAdmin: Full access to all Qlik Sense resources.

AuditAdmin: Read access to all resources.

•contentAdmin: Full access to all resources except nodes, engines, repositories, schedulers, and syncs.

DeploymentAdmin: Full access to apps, tasks, licenses, nodes, repositories, schedulers, proxies, virtual proxies, and engines.

SecurityAdmin: Same as ContentAdmin, but with full access to proxies and virtual proxies and no access to tasks.

Not applicable
Author

Hi All,

I have to restrict the access to App level.

For example :  I have a stream called Dashboard in that I have around 20 applications. I want to provide a access to only 5 Apps (App05,App07,App10,App02,App30) ) for the group which I created (USERGROUP).Please assist me how to create a rules for this scenario.

Thanks

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

IMHO this video contains the scenario you're searching for ... do not stop watching stream security management, at the end of video you'll see also App security management.

Qlik Sense Stream Management Security Rules and Exception Management - YouTube

Hope it helps.

Cordialement

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I gone through the full video. But I want to do the same in the Role Level Management.

For example : I want to create a role called UserAdmin and I want to give the access to specific apps based on the department like (finance, sales and etc.. ).

Simply, I want to manage all the things in Roles Level and I will assign the roles to user based on the department.

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Senthil,

You can also make use of custom properties to design your security access.