Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlik Sense Security on a single app in a stream with many apps

Hi,

How can i give read access to a App in a stream which has many apps.

EX: I have a stream HR which has two apps A & B.How can i give access to app A only and user should not see app B.

Thanks

14 Replies
dennisfassbende
Contributor II
Contributor II

That´s possible. You have to create two security rules. First for Access to the stream and the second for Access to the app (identication: #App-name). May including the AD Group which has Access to the app.

Not applicable
Author

HI Dennis,

I tried created two rules but doesnt work for me.Users are able to see both the apps still.

what i have done is

1) createa a security rule(stream) and gave read access to the user and the stream

2) created a app filter and gave the user and the app read access.

Let me know if we need to follow any other steps.Was it working fine for you.

Thanks again!!

dennisfassbende
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi!

Sorry for the delay

You have to modify some of the Standard rules.

I cannot tell you anymore which rules I have changed, but you have to look at the resource filter "App*".

Hopefully it will help you!

Not applicable
Author

Same issue with me , same I have created two rules but again both apps are visible , Can you please tell me what is the solution of this discussion

shraddha_g
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

Hi rohitkumar1609  Rohit,

Did you able to solve this?

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

Hi shraddha,

Please try below steps to achieve this.

1) go to Qmc ---> streams--->select your perticular stream---> select security rules--->give users basic access---

this will give you the result  the users will able to access the  streams with all apps

2) Now  go to  Qmc--->Apps---> and select your app which will not show to user----->

Edit the app--->  select User access---> edit associative rule ---> just uncheck Read  to that user and

see.

HTH

Suresh chanty

shraddha_g
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

Thanq suresh,  will try this one.

shraddha_g
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

I tried this one. but after edit associative rule I am able to see 4 different rules.

Which one to edit?

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

try this

streams.PNG