Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlik Sense Server - Auto Data Reload/Refresh and Auto View Refresh

Dear Friends,

I am very new to Qlik Sense and this basic question is what I am struggling to get a clear answer about. Hope anyone here would help out.

We have Qlik Sense Server v3.0 (I am assuming this as I was not able to check the version anywhere).

We are connecting to Apache Hive to get our data. Apache hive gets streaming data and is live.

Q1: To get the data live to our Qlik Sense apps/sheets - what can we do? The views and dashboards should auto refresh with streaming data. The users should not have to refresh or re-open the app/sheet again and again to view the new data.

Q2. The reload task in Qlik Sense Server can only be scheduled to a minimum of 1 minute. Can we somehow reduce it to say 10 seconds?

Please provide your thoughts.

Thanks in Advance!

Ashish

1 Reply
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello Ashish,

Thanks for your question, let's see how we can best address this.

To verify the version of Qlik Sense - you can see this in the QMC on the bottom right of the interface:

and in the HUB by using the action menu:

In regards to streaming live data to Qlik Sense - this is not possible with the default connectors and interfaces if you are looking for non-invasive real-time updates. This is possible with our APIs as listed in the help document: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-developer/3.0/Subsystems/QVXSDKAPI/Content/Streaming-data-to-QlikV...‌ but will require coding.

Here is another answer to a similar post: Can Qlikview sense read data from IBM MQ?

In regards to the reload at that interval - you would also need to achieve that via the APIs.

HTH

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik