Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
igdrazil
Creator III
Creator III

Qlik Sense Server Token

Hi Qlik'ers,

I'm wondering if i get 10 tokens to first time set up qlik sense server, do i "lose" one of the tokens for the super-user access needed to be created during installation? May i only use this access from directly on the server or may i get in from any other computer, too?

Is the super-user access only for QMC or may it be used for normal things like creating apps and visualizations, too?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Chris

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
simondachstr
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Correct, RootAdmin can access the QMC without requiring a token.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
martinpohl
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

you won't "loose" a token to setup the qmc

But you need it for example to analyze the license monitor or the operations monitor from the monitoring-stream.

Regards

Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

If you want a user to be able to access the Hub (including create apps / visualizations) then they will need a token. As Martin pointed out above, you do not need to assign a token to the user who installed Qlik Sense Server, though you can allow other users the ability to view the Monitoring Apps stream.

If you do not want to assign a user a token but want them to be able to create apps / visualizations then they can always create apps using Qlik Sense desktop then import them into Server.

igdrazil
Creator III
Creator III
Author

He Levi,

So when i set up my server installation and create this root admin, i don't need to give this account a token to get into the QMC? did i understand this right?

Regards,

Chris

simondachstr
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Correct, RootAdmin can access the QMC without requiring a token.

igdrazil
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thank you Martin!