Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Qlik Sense Server multinode deployment issue with slave node

Hello,

I have a Qlik Sense Server deployment on two nodes: one in LAN (domain) and one in DMZ (out of domain).

On the LAN node I installed all services, while on the other node I installed Repository and Proxy services only.

On the LAN node I create a new node using QMC.

I see the node in DMZ but it's currently OFFLINE.

How can I fix it?

I just tried to delete all qlik sense certificates on both servers and did a Repair. No luck.

I tried also to uninstall qlik sense on both servers and install again but I still have the problem with the node in DMZ.

On the LAN node everythings works fine (HUB).

I need to use HUB in DMZ node because it's published on Internet with a public digital certificate.

Anyone can help me ?

Many thanks in advance for your time.

Best Regards

Andres

12 Replies
gonzaloruizgonz
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

HI, Have you been able to get your DMZ server online? What was the problem? Have you check the ports?

BR//Gonza

agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion
Author

yes I solved the problem adding an entry for DMZ node into hosts file on LAN node.

gonzaloruizgonz
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

HI, Do you remember if you got issues regarding the ports? Was you forced to open some ports in the company firewall?

BR//Gonza

agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion
Author

Yes I opened the following port on the firewall:

80, 443, 4244  and 4248

Not applicable

Hi Andrea.  What specifically did you put into the host file?  Ip pointing to host name or to web address of the server in the DMZ?

What kind of settings did you have for the public digital certificate?  Did you have IIS installed on the server in DMZ?

Best Regards

Bjarte Karlsen

Not applicable

Hi Andrea,

I have the same configuration, but I have also one authentication issue when I use the DMZ Hub. Which authentication type do you use? I have open all the ports into the win firewall and the hw firewall. If I use the domain admin user all it's ok, if I use another user, I have the error message: user don't authenticate.

I thanks wery much If someone give me one help.

Best Regards, Alessandro

agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion
Author

I edited the hosts file in its default location on windows o.s.

No I'm using the QS Proxy Server on both nodes.

What are you talking about specific settings for certificate ?

Regards

Andrea

agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion
Author

Currently i'm using local users to access the hub.

Not applicable

I have the ssl certificate into the DMZ server (proxy+engine).

The hosts file it's ok and the 2 nodes communicate good. I set the active directory connector, and the issue it''s that into the DMS node the users don't login, only the domain administrator work.

Thank you

Alessandro