Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
YG
Contributor III
Contributor III

Qlik Sense - Using Button how to select Multiple values in a Field

Hi All,

I am pretty new to this and I have found multiple answers to this question but non of it seems to work on Qlik Sense Enterprise version for me.

I have "Button" and I want multiple rows (characters)  selected when pressed. 

YG_0-1599539045971.png

Simply I want to select =  "1 - Critical"|"2 - High" when pressed.

So far I tried, 

1. ='("1 - Critical"|"2 - High")' - Did not work

2. ='(1 - Critical|2 - High)' - Did not work

3. =(1 - Critical|2 - High) - Did not even validate

However, If i try just 1 selection it works fine, That is  ='1 - Critical' 

YG_1-1599539124070.png

To explain more I have 5 selection so Alternative selects are not an option for me too

Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
YG
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I think I found the Answer,

='("1 - Critical"|"2 - High"|"3 - Moderate")'

Issue was with below

YG_0-1599542564768.png

View solution in original post

9 Replies
YG
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I think I found the Answer,

='("1 - Critical"|"2 - High"|"3 - Moderate")'

Issue was with below

YG_0-1599542564768.png

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Thanks @YG  for sharing this, allowed me to create a YTD button:

='(' & concat(distinct {<Month={"<=$(=date(monthstart(today()), 'MMM-YY'))"},Year={"$(=Year(today()))"}>}Month, '|') & ')'

Cheers,

Steve

ZebLearney
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi, I am trying to do something similar to this with Action whereby I want to select all dates from a date field for the last 7 days, does anyone know how to achieve this. I can get it to work for one date, but I need it to select multiple. Thanks

sttspyrid
Contributor III
Contributor III

Great! You solved my problem!

JCAMAIN
Employee
Employee

Sorry!  A bit late, but may help someone else in the future!!  Using the new native button, the following works:

='=([O.CREATED_DATE] >= Date(Today()-14))'

roxys373s
Contributor II
Contributor II

@JCAMAIN 

Hey, just saw your reply and I am in need of the same help. I tried using your respone:

='=([O.CREATED_DATE] >= Date(Today()-14))'

but this didn't work; I tried it by replacing O.CREATED_DATE with the name of my date field and that did not work either. Any other suggestions or help please?

I also tried to list  =Date(Today()-7), Date(Today()-6) but the list doesn't work and I'm not sure what else the syntax would be...but Date(Today()-7) alone works!

JCAMAIN
Employee
Employee

Did you make sure that you are using the native button and that the action is 'Select Values matching search criteria'?  I'll try and remember which app I've used this in and see if I can get screenshots.

roxys373s
Contributor II
Contributor II

Not exactly sure what the native button is...ive just been using the button option below that appears when I click on charts

roxys373s_0-1658406167801.png

I also do not have the select values matching search criteria option..do you know why or what I could do to fix that?

roxys373s_1-1658406260727.png

JCAMAIN
Employee
Employee

@roxys373s  - Which version are you on?  That is the native button, however my list has more options, wondering if it wasn't available in a previous version?  

JCAMAIN_1-1658741125486.png

JCAMAIN_0-1658741088638.png