cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
niclaz79
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Qlik Sense Variable Catalogs in OLE DB connection

Hi, I am converting a Qlikview application to Qlik Sense, and one of the steps include loading data from defined catalogs on the database server.

In Qlikview I loaded all the catalogs from a separate file managed by the customer, and then I do an iteration adding the data for each of the individual catalogs listed by using a variable in the connection string: Initial Catalog=$(vCustomerNo);

However in Qlik Sense since you are forced to use Libs you cannot use the variable solution like this as it verifies all connections and refuses to save the connection string if it is considered false.

Anyone have a good workaround for this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OmarBenSalem

you can always use the full path connection by uncheckng the StandardReload mode (which forces u to use the lib statements):

In desktop:

open the Settings.ini file (under qlik/sense..)

and add StandardReload=0 instead of StandardReload=1

=> now u can use full path in ur desktop (u need to close qlik sense desktop in order to change the settings file)

in server:

1. Select Engines on the QMC start page or from the StartS drop-down menu to display the overview.
  2. Select the engine that you want to edit.
  3. Click Edit in the action bar.
  4. Edit the properties.
  5. go to advanced
  6. uncheck standard mode

And there u go !

View solution in original post

3 Replies
OmarBenSalem

you can always use the full path connection by uncheckng the StandardReload mode (which forces u to use the lib statements):

In desktop:

open the Settings.ini file (under qlik/sense..)

and add StandardReload=0 instead of StandardReload=1

=> now u can use full path in ur desktop (u need to close qlik sense desktop in order to change the settings file)

in server:

1. Select Engines on the QMC start page or from the StartS drop-down menu to display the overview.
  2. Select the engine that you want to edit.
  3. Click Edit in the action bar.
  4. Edit the properties.
  5. go to advanced
  6. uncheck standard mode

And there u go !

niclaz79
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Thanks Omar, however can I still use libs as well? There are many objects on the server that uses the Lib-function that still needs to function as before.

OmarBenSalem

Sure