Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
josephinetedesc
Creator III
Creator III

Qlik Sense - Where is "BI Center of Excellence"?

Hi All

I bought the book Learning Qlik Sense - I have the second edition.

I am trying to follow the book where Nora has access to a default stream called Everyone and a stream called BI Center of Excellence.

Where are these streams????  Do I copy them onto my desktop?  Do I point to them in the cloud?

Have I missed a page ???

Jo

5 Replies
arulsettu
Master III
Master III

Stream will come under QMC(qlik sense server). where you publish your apps

read this for more info

Managing streams ‒ Qlik Sense

josephinetedesc
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Arul

this is the first hour of learning Qlik Sense.  SoI thought I would work with the textbook.  I just wondered where the application referred to by the book was.

THanks

Jo

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jo-

I have not read the book, but Qlik Sense gives you the ability to set up "streams," which you could almost think of as WorkGroups or teams.  In this case Nora seemingly would have access to all applications that people within her organization have built, also a group that is intended for the Center of Excellence Group. 

I have clients that have shared applications for the entire company, ones for Executives only, Finance, HR, Sales and the like. 

Hopefully this clears things up for you and help bring some clarity.  We have many videos that may explain and show this better.  Also training or attending one of our numerous workshops might be a good jumping off point for you, especially if this is hour 1 of getting started with Qlik.

Jonathan

arulsettu
Master III
Master III

you can get better idea here

New to Qlik Sense Videos

josephinetedesc
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Jonathan and Arul

"hour 1 of getting started with Qlik." has been interesting!

I bought the textbook so that I would not have to wade through the many videos.  I like videos but!  There are so many and i find it hard to follow a sequence - to me the videos are good when you want an answer to a specific question.

So - I saw one video which allowed me to go to the cloud and interact with the stream.  It was called International Apparel Analysis.

So from hour 1 and 2: 

Applications can be uploaded to the Cloud (or Enterprise if you have it in the organisation)

Your browser interacts with the application.  You can decide who is able to view the application. Your browser could be on any device.

An application can contain - sheets, bookmarks and stories.

Then my desktop downloaded version of Qlik Sense "chucked a wobbly" - needed to be repaired.

Tonight - Qlik Sense Videos

Which should I do?  I think I need a roadmap for the videos.

Jo