Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chchan674
Contributor III
Contributor III

Qlik Sense Window Authentication

Hi all,

The Qlik enterprise is can't connected from external. Thus, i try to change the setting of the Qlik sense.

I changed the setting of window authentication from "Window" to forum.

Then, i am not able to login in the online qlik, as it say the account is not authenticated.

Then, i have already typed the domain name and user name.

Could anyone can help me to solve it?

Thanks a lot.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

By default you can only login into Qlik Sense if you're using a user that is either a local user on the Qlik Sense server or a user that's part of the same domain as the Qlik Sense server. Merely changing the  windows authentication pattern from Windows to something else does not change that. That only disables the automatic windows authentication where your browser will try to automatically log you in and shows you a pop up login form if it fails. Any other setting for windows authentication pattern will always show the user a login page.

So, check if the user you're trying to login with is a user that was created as a local windows user on the windows server where Qlik Sense is installed or is a user of the same domain as that of the Qlik Sense server. Ask your local friendly system administrator if you don't know how to determine that.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

7 Replies
wcilliers
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Could you perhaps add a screenshot of the error you get when logging in?

chchan674
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks for the reply.

I got the message of "The following  user is not authenticated".

wcilliers
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Is your Qlik Sense environment on the domain?

chchan674
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi,

Actually, i don't whether the qlik sense environment on the domain or not.

The Qlik sense is setted by the Qlik sense agent company.

In addition, i don't have much experience on the qlik admin.

Could you mind to tell me how can i check on this?

wcilliers
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

You can try following a some of the steps mention in this post.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/New-to-Qlik-Sense/user-cannot-authenticate-with-Qlik-Sense/m-p/1217967

chchan674
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks for the help. I will try it.

Currently, i can't login the qlik sense and i don't  know how to follow the steps.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

By default you can only login into Qlik Sense if you're using a user that is either a local user on the Qlik Sense server or a user that's part of the same domain as the Qlik Sense server. Merely changing the  windows authentication pattern from Windows to something else does not change that. That only disables the automatic windows authentication where your browser will try to automatically log you in and shows you a pop up login form if it fails. Any other setting for windows authentication pattern will always show the user a login page.

So, check if the user you're trying to login with is a user that was created as a local windows user on the windows server where Qlik Sense is installed or is a user of the same domain as that of the Qlik Sense server. Ask your local friendly system administrator if you don't know how to determine that.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand