Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chapil
Contributor III
Contributor III

Qlik Sense action button for selecting multiple values in a field

Hi,

I have found multiple posts for this but none have worked.

I'm trying to create an action button for multiple values of a field.  It works fine for 1 value from the list below, but I cannot seem to get the syntax right for all 2 field values below.

Action=set values in a field

field =  ID 

value = '3Z'   (this works okay - for any single value from below)

bit I need all 2 below included??

value = '3Z' and '60'  

(I have tried with quotes, with ";" and without, pipe separators...etc...)

Thanks by advance,

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Mira_io
Contributor II
Contributor II

I came accross this problem as well and in my case it worked with the following formatting: 

='Value1;Value2;Value3'

PS I work with Qlik Sense

View solution in original post

12 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

chapil
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks but this is not working 

Or
MVP
MVP

Original post had misplaced quotes which I edited after. I'm guessing you used the original before I fixed it, but this does work.

Or_0-1633598757328.png

Or_1-1633598778838.png

chapil
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Should work as you showed me 

But still not working, don't know why

Syntax looks good but nothing happened when I actualize the sheet 

Thanks for trying to help me 😉

R_Mendoza
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hello @chapil 

try this way.

=404 & ';' & 408 & ';' & 411

chapil
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

hello, 
no doesn't work 

thanks anyway

kevin_data
Contributor II
Contributor II

Anyone ever find the answer to this? Like the OP I'm finding various flavours of suggested syntax don't work for my data. For example 'surname, firstname' works fine but any combination of a CSV style list like 'surname,firstname','surname,firstname' or as above '(surname,firstname|surname,firstname)' don't work.

I wonder if the issue with the above suggestion is that everything within the single quotations is considered a single string by the action expression, for which of course there's nothing in the data so nothing is filtered.

But as with all of QlikSense's varied and eccentric expression syntax, who knows..... :).   

kevin_data
Contributor II
Contributor II

Bingo.

The one flavour I hadn't tried was was pretty similar to R_Mendoza's suggestion above.

I.e. 'surname, firstname;surname, firstname;surname, firstname'  -  a single string with ; as the value separator worked for me.

My single string theory has been shot down :).

kevin_data
Contributor II
Contributor II

Well it seems I made the somewhat foolish presumption that value array syntax would be the same regardless of the type of expression. I should have know better than that with QlikSense 😉 .....

So my solution posted above is for an *action* expression but it *doesn't* work for a pivot table measure expression. That required a more conventional csv list: {'value1' , 'value2' , 'value3'}.

Probably explains why there's so many posts on this subject with no solutions... I have a theory as to "why" they're different but frankly I haven't got the time, patience or will to test it.... inconsistent expression syntax is not one of my favourite research topics.... ;).