Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
simotrab
Creator III
Creator III

Qlik Sense and R integration

Hi community,

I'm an R user: if anyone does not know this statistical analysis environment (and much more), The Comprehensive R Archive Network is where you can all the informations.

However my question is very simple: is there any possibility to integrate R in Qlik Sense (Desktop and not Desktop)?

I've found something for QlikView, but for Sense nothing.

Thanks in advance

8 Replies
fredericmante
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Simonet,

I would say yes, but this is just a work around.

If you can schedule your R-Code using windows task scheduler and generate a CSV file, you can pick these files using sense in a scheduled manner.

Also check out the R-Shinny extension on qlik branch.

Thanks,

Sangram.

simotrab
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks, I've already read that discussion but it is not completely satisfying for my purpose.

simotrab
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks Sangram!

It is what I'm doing now: I'm wondering if there is -I think not- a more organic way to achieve the same goals.

I'll take a look to the Shiny extension, thanks.

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Simonet,

Yes, I am looking for a more elegant solution too and is motivating me to build one.

Always Welcome.

simotrab
Creator III
Creator III
Author

I've received something interesting, here the link:

OpenCPU, R & QlikView Integration Example

If I'm not wrong, we need OpenCPU, and after setting etc., every kind of analysis (PCA, Clustering, etc.) needs its own extension to be read. Quite difficult, also because it is declined to QlikView, but not impossible.

I was not too much disposed epistemologically to make extensions etc., I prefere your approach of importing data.

Hoping next release are going to have some features of that nature: MSMS seems is going on this road - I know that those are two different tools, doing different things etc.-, so maybe also Qlik is thinking about those integrations with R.

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Very Valuable information. Thank you. As most of Machine learning, R and Data science is opensource, qlik might have a workaround for these. Lets see!

But we always have workarounds in integrating all of these.

Thanks,

Sangram.

simotrab
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi,

if you are interested, here something I've written, hoping to share and improve my knowledge.

Qlik Sense and R

Thanks