Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlik Sense, bar chart not showing all values

Hello

Iam currently learning Qlik Sense and trying to create a qv source twitter connection.

I have managed to get the data and store them in qvds.

I am concatinating all the data in load script and then trying to show the Top Followers Count per Tiwtter UserName,

But i can see that some Twitter Names doesnt get picked up in Bar Chart.

For Example Twitter Name " Star Wars " has 1,85 m followers, but doesnt show on the Top Followers bar chart .

I am attaching the qvf, and qvd so you can see for yourself, all help will be much appriciated.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
prabhuappu
Creator II
Creator II

Hi,

Checked your QVF file and found that you haven't used any aggregate function in the expression. And for "Star Wars" multiple values are there in "SearchAdvanceduser_followers_count" column. see the below chart (Both SearchAdvanceduser_name and SearchAdvanceduser_followers_count columns are dimensions)

Capture.PNG

If you use add an aggregate function then it will be showed in the bar chart as well.

Capture2.PNG

As a best practice you should always use any aggregate function in the chart expressions. Also validate the data if you think the value is incorrect

Regards,

Prabhu Appu

View solution in original post

3 Replies
prabhuappu
Creator II
Creator II

Hi,

Checked your QVF file and found that you haven't used any aggregate function in the expression. And for "Star Wars" multiple values are there in "SearchAdvanceduser_followers_count" column. see the below chart (Both SearchAdvanceduser_name and SearchAdvanceduser_followers_count columns are dimensions)

Capture.PNG

If you use add an aggregate function then it will be showed in the bar chart as well.

Capture2.PNG

As a best practice you should always use any aggregate function in the chart expressions. Also validate the data if you think the value is incorrect

Regards,

Prabhu Appu

Not applicable
Author

You are absolutely right, thank you !

Not applicable
Author

sum(distinct SearchAdvanceduser_followers_count)

I used this expression and i get all the right amount of values( Followers ) per Twitter Name

but not in Star Wars,

Star Wars has 1,93 M followers, with this expression i get 3,81 M ..

But it seems all the other twitter names have the right values