cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
srtgnm
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Qlik Sense certification preparation courses

Hello everyone, I am new to Qlik Sense and a want to learn new information and prepare myself for Qlik Sense certification, but did not chose where should I go, to Data Analyst or Data Architect. I have searched for some info on Qlik website and I have some questions.

1. On the certification page in Data Analyst section there is recommendation to take course "Instructor-Led Training: Create Visualizations with Qlik Sense", but if go for this link, there are schedule for "Delivery Method: Virtual Classroom", where "Create Visualizations with Qlik Sense" pointed as prerequisite. So, I guess it is more advanced level and not what I was searching for? 

2. The same goes for Data Architect recommended courses, so should I search exactly for "Data Modeling for Qlik Sense"?

3. Does "Data Modeling for Qlik Sense" and "Create Visualizations with Qlik Sense" provide enough theory knowledge to pass certification exam? I know, that practical experience is important, but before that I need some theory.

4. If I will decide to go for Data Architect , should I take both "Data Modeling for Qlik Sense" and "Create Visualizations with Qlik Sense" courses or "Data Modeling for Qlik Sense" covers material from other course?

5. What is the real difference between Data Analyst and Data Architect? From googling I know that Data Analyst is designer while Data Architect is designer+developer, but can I have a bit more information? 

6. How should I really prepare for certification exam? According to the description from Qlik website, the way is to take courses, take Qlik Continuous Classroom, exam study guide and practice with sample questions. Anything to add? Yes, I know that hand on practice is required and provides a lot of experience, and I will work for that, but what should I add?

7. How many questions are available in sample exam question pool? I mean, can there be a moment when I may complete all questions? If I will feel not done with test exams, where can I find more tests?

I know, that my questions might be stupid, I am sorry for that, there is a lot information, while I'm restricted by my budget. Thank you in advance

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Well, that's great! You are trying to learn something new, and certification to remain focused. In that case, 'architect' is certainly not the way to go; you should rather try with 'analyst' which is bit less technical and requires less in-depth knowledge per se. Having said that, I would also mention that 'analyst' certification too would not be very easy, you have to have some serious involvement and practices for that. I would say at least 2 years of experience would help in such certification. I hope that you don't get demotivated but face the reality and keep learning. 

You can learn in many ways :

- Working on real projects

- Under proper training

- Under guidance of a mentor

- Taking an online course (I am not sure if there are many that starts from very basic and could teach in totality)

- Following qlik online help or learning materials

- Reading books

Most effective for a candidate like you would be 'mentor guided' learning I would say. Because there would be other aspects of learning as well like 'basics of DBMS'.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Couple of questions if you could help here with.

How long have you been working in Qlik (be it qlik sense or qlikview)?

What is that triggered you to the certification?

What is your professional experience/background? 

srtgnm
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Thank you for response, for now I have no any experience with Qlik products or other BI tools. I want to learn new profession and new information. For now, I want to put certification as my short run goal and start to work in this field as long run goal. I understand that it seems to be overconfident, but for me personally it is easier to work in this way, with goals and etc., it helps me to keep interest and not to waste my attention.

As for background, I worked in bank and had no experience with Qlik Sense/View or IT. For now, I have a chance to learn new and I don't want to waste it. 

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Well, that's great! You are trying to learn something new, and certification to remain focused. In that case, 'architect' is certainly not the way to go; you should rather try with 'analyst' which is bit less technical and requires less in-depth knowledge per se. Having said that, I would also mention that 'analyst' certification too would not be very easy, you have to have some serious involvement and practices for that. I would say at least 2 years of experience would help in such certification. I hope that you don't get demotivated but face the reality and keep learning. 

You can learn in many ways :

- Working on real projects

- Under proper training

- Under guidance of a mentor

- Taking an online course (I am not sure if there are many that starts from very basic and could teach in totality)

- Following qlik online help or learning materials

- Reading books

Most effective for a candidate like you would be 'mentor guided' learning I would say. Because there would be other aspects of learning as well like 'basics of DBMS'.