Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alan_grn
Creator II
Creator II

Qlik Sense custom property on Dimension or Measure

Are there any examples out there which show how to sue custom properties in a Qlik Sense Extension for eitehr a measure or dimension.

For example I would like a toggle on each measure - On or off and then be able to read the setting for each measure.

I have been able to create the toggle in the accordion and set it, but I do not know how to read the value.

3 Replies
Stefan_Walther
Employee
Employee

Hi,

I am not 100% sure if I get your requirements correctly - I assume that your other post (Custom property in Qlik Sense extension) is related to the same requirement, right?

So what exactly are you trying to achieve?

Regards

Stefan

alan_grn
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Stefan

Yes it is related to my other post as well.

I have started to create an extension which is a heatmap table.(Similar to conditional formatting in Excel)

I have created an extension which applies the condition to all measures. I am trying to make this more customisable for each measure.

For example I want to be able to set each measures "Colour using Heatmap" to on or off. If On I then want to set the value of maximum.

I have added the following code :

measures : {

uses : "measures",

min : 0,

items: {

MySwitchProp: {

type: "boolean",

component: "switch",

label: "Colour using Heatmap",

ref: "MySwitchProp",

options: [{

value: true,

label: "On"

},

{

value: false,

label: "Off"

}],

defaultValue: false

},

MyNumProp: {

type: "number",

label: "Maximum",

ref: "myproperties.max",

defaultValue: "10.5",

show : function(data) {

return data.MySwitchProp;

}

}

}

}

Using the above I can now set the maximum for each measure through the accordion.

I am now trying to see how I capture the values.

I am trying to see the values for each measure of MySwitchProp and MyNumProp. Does this get returned to the layout object?

If so how is this done and where can I view the results?

Regards

Alan

----------------------

Update

----------------------

I have found that myproperties are stored in qHyperCubDef. What is the best way to read this and get the values?

humesh_sindpure
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hello Sir,

I want to add Custome coloe property to dimention.

I have written this code inside of dimention shown below:

definition : {

type : "items",

component : "accordion",

items : {

dimensions : {

uses : "dimensions",

min : 1,

items: {

colorExpression:{

type: "string",

label: "Enter color expression",

ref:"qAttributeExpressions.0.qExpression",

expression:"optional"

}

}

},

now please tell me what should I need to write inside of function

paint: function ($element,layout) {

this.backendApi.eachDataRow( function (rownum, row){

var dimIndex = 0; // you are putting the value in your first dimension

row[dimIndex].qAttrExps.qValues[0].qText;

});

if ( !this.$scope.table ) {

this.$scope.table = qlik.table(this);

}

return qlik.Promise.resolve();

}

but Sir , this is not working for me.

please give me any solution