Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rafgiordy80
Contributor
Contributor

Qlik Sense default bookmark on date picker doesn't work after a change

Hi All,

i have a problem in my Qlik Sense App. i have built a default bookmark on date picker:

{<TEST_EXECUTION_DATE={"=TEST_EXECUTION_DATE>=$(StartDate) and TEST_EXECUTION_DATE<=$(EndDate)"}>}

in which the 2 variables $(StartDate) and $(EndDate) are defined at Main Data Load Editor as:

SET StartDate=MonthStart(AddMonths(Today(),-12));
SET EndDate=MonthEnd(AddMonths(Today(),-1));

When i open the App the first time the default is ok, but after changing the date range, if i want to apply again the default bookmark it doesn't work. It remains the date range modified previously. 

I have to refresh all the page in order to come back to default Date Range.

Could you please support on this? Which could be the issue?

Thanks in advance,
RafGiordy.

Labels (3)
6 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

The session cookie stores the user selection in metadata, Until you close the session and reactivate, That will be same as before in theory how Sense works.

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Rafgiordy80
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi,

thanks for the answer! So do you mean that it is a normal Qlik sense behaviour? So what is the sense to give the user the possibility to apply again the default bookmark in the same session if  nothing happens after doing it?

Thanks,

RafGiordy

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Hi,

It's more how often your session timeout. They can select the same once again the default from preview of bookmarks.

Note: There will be users adhoc filter will go away in case if you want to apply default bookmark.

All the above are default behaviour what I am aware.

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Rafgiordy80
Contributor
Contributor
Author

The strange thing is that if i have (by default) a Date Range starting from the Year before to the current Year The default Date Range doesn't work (if i try to apply it after the change), instead if i have a Date Range all included in current year if i apply the default then it works fine! 😞

Rafgiordy80
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi @Anil_Babu_Samineni , unfortunately It doesn't work also from preview of bookmarks.

Would anyone else be able to help me?

Thank you in advance,

RafGiordy

Anil_Babu_Samineni

It's more like how your associate model with cognitive engine.