Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RishabhTFC
Contributor III
Contributor III

Qlik Sense desktop vs Qlik Sense Enterpris vs Qlik Sense Cloud

Hi,

I am bit a noob in qlik . Can anyone please explain me the whole difference between these three products of qlik.

Qlik Sense Desktop | Qlik Sense Enterprise | Qlik Sense Cloud

Thanks

SG

Labels (1)
6 Replies
ggijben
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi,

Qlik Sense Desktop is the "Personal Version". You download it for free, install it on your pc. The pc needs to have direct connection with the various datasources, and you need to create the script, to connect to the database, load the data and transform it. You can not share apps with other users, aside from copying them to their pc. You also cannot use scheduled reloads, you will have to do each reload manually. 

Qlik Sense enterprise is the "Server" version of Qlik Sense. You will need a license for this. All the applications will be centrally located on the server (company's intranet of cloud), which is responsible for security, governance, calculations etc. Your authenticated business users will have access to the server through a web browser, and depending on their authorisation levels, they'll be allowed to see and use certain applications. With the enteprise version you have full access to Qlik features, like scheduled reloads, sharing apps between users and section access, which is an in-dept form of authentication.

RishabhTFC
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Okay, so the Qlik Enterprise and Qlik Server/Qlik Cloud are the same right?

I didn't get my hands on Qlik Enterprise version but I wanna know that how can I deploy Qlik Enterprise on system means does it have any .exe file or you can just access by the browser or server.

Thanks

SG

ggijben
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi,

Qlik Enterprise and Qlik Server are the Same. Qlik Cloud is different.

So there are 3 products:

- Qlik Desktop
- Qlik Cloud
- Qlik Enterprise (Server).

To install the Qlik Enterprise version, you will need to download and install an .exe file on your server. After that, users can access the Qlik environment through an URL, most likely https://<servername>/hub.

For Qlik Cloud, you don't need any installation. You can access the Cloud by https://qlikcloud.com. There are some limitations in app size and data storage. You also cannot use extensions.

RishabhTFC
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Okay!! I got it so where do I got the .exe file of qlik enterprise. there is only Qlik Sense Desktop software in download.
ggijben
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

You need to be a Customer or a Partner in order to download the Enterprise version from the Qlik Download portal.

Even if you would manage to get the .exe file, you will need a license key in order to succesfully complete the installation and access the working space.

nitishmcfc
Contributor
Contributor

Could you elaborate on what would be the limitations of QlikSense Cloud? What features would I get in QlikSense Desktop but not in QlikSense Cloud?

Thanks!