Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amirmohamed
Creator
Creator

Qlik Sense engine performance help

Hi all,

In my work place we have an Internal dashboard which holds a very big data and from 3 or 4 different sources and around 20 sheets, using tables/pivot, pie chart, table chart, few different extensions

and on our server we have 10 CPUs, 70GB memory (RAM) but when we open this one dashboard all CPU's go to 99% or 100% and the RAM over 60GB used by this (Qlik Sense Engine)

So each chart with 1 dimension or expression takes a lot of time to load

Would you please help with this

What could be the issue/ extensions, large data, script or ?

Many thanks

24 Replies
dplr-rn
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

Good to hear.

Thank You

Dilip

Sent via mobile

amirmohamed
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi all,

I have some If statements in the table measures, and i have read that If statements is not too good on the performance,

is there any better option to replace If statements?

vPUMA = variable

if(vPUMA = 'Q',

if(GetSelectedCount(year)=0,num(sum({<year={'$(vMaxYear)'},%date_of_sale={'<=$(vMaxDate1)'}>}sales_qty),'#,##0'),

num(sum({<%date_of_sale={'<=$(vMaxDate1)'}>}sales_qty),'#,##0'))

if(vPUMA = '0',

if(GetSelectedCount(year)=0,num(sum({<year={'$(vMaxYear)'},%date_of_sale={'<=$(vMaxDate1)'}>}sales_net_invoice_value),'£###,##0'),

num(sum({<%date_of_sale={'<=$(vMaxDate1)'}>}sales_net_invoice_value),'£###,##0'))

if(vPUMA = 'GV',

if(GetSelectedCount(year)=0,num(sum({<year={'$(vMaxYear)'},%date_of_sale={'<=$(vMaxDate1)'}>}sales_gross_invoice_value),'£###,##0')

,num(sum({<year={'$(vMaxYear)'},%date_of_sale={'<=$(vMaxDate1)'}>}sales_gross_invoice_value),'£###,##0'))

))))))

in this expression what i'm trying to get is, i have a variable toggle, if the user selects Q from the variable button, then it shows the first expression, if no year is selected then it will auto take the max year

I hope you can help

dplr-rn
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

It shouldn't make too much difference but can slow things down.

I would move these to different expressions and enable them based on your conditions. But in sense it can only be done (as of now) on tables and only in latest versions (Show column if option)

amirmohamed
Creator
Creator
Author

I did run my app on QS Document Analyzer and I have realized that I am using "IF" over 558 times in the app visuals

If usage.JPG

Is there any alternative of If statement

dplr-rn
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

You mean alternative to one you shared. Yes i had replied with an alternative

I would move these to different expressions and enable them based on your conditions. But in sense it can only be done (as of now) on tables and only in latest versions (Show column if option)

Dont just focus on the if statements. I suggest Look first at issues which may give you most bang for your buck

e.g. unnecessary columns, eliminating calculated dimensions etc.

And then tack the if statements