Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
simotrab
Creator III
Creator III

Qlik Sense folder connection

Hi Community!

I've a problem with Qlik Sense (not desktop).

I'm doing a new app but, when I decide to create a new data connection to a folder on my desktop, I cannot find me on the path C:\Users\user\....  : "user" (me) does not exists.

Also, with an imported app, the folder connection does not works, due the fact - I suppose- Qlik cannot find the mentioned "user" (me).

Is it a setting problem of Qlik or something out of it? And in both cases, any suggestion?

Thanks a lot

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

As others have mentioned, C:\Users\...\ needs to exist physically on the server that is running Qlik Sense (and more technically any node with the Engine service). For example here from one of my VMs:

7ajtyVp.png

I want to also say that this is a poor choice from a governance standpoint. Rather than having data files living in folks' users directories, it's far more ideal to place them in a central location, e.g. C:\Data\ so you can have 1 data connection connecting to multiple data files.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Not applicable

Hello,

I'm not sure about what can cause your problem but Qlik Sense have services executed by an specific user, check if that user have rights to check your folder.

Regards

gferran
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hi,

if you are creating a new App using the hub you must attend to the the server is not your computer. When you try to accés to a path, this is on the server not in your computer.

Try to copy the files you want to load into the server directory and create a new data connection to this new folder.

Regards

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Simone,

Check the path in QMC under the connections tab. You should be able to provide he path there if the user changes.

Thanks,

Sangram

Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

As others have mentioned, C:\Users\...\ needs to exist physically on the server that is running Qlik Sense (and more technically any node with the Engine service). For example here from one of my VMs:

7ajtyVp.png

I want to also say that this is a poor choice from a governance standpoint. Rather than having data files living in folks' users directories, it's far more ideal to place them in a central location, e.g. C:\Data\ so you can have 1 data connection connecting to multiple data files.

simotrab
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks, this is the most complete and helpful answer.