Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
senarath
Creator III
Creator III

Qlik Sense for existing QlikView Customers

Hi,

We are using QV 11.2 SR7 and we are interested in trying out Qlik Sense as well. This is because of the applicabiliy of the product for mobile devices.

I would like to know whether we could install Qlik Sense in parallel to Qlik View server

AND

Whether exisitng QV customer have to pay for Qlik Sense

thanks

Senarath

4 Replies
Not applicable

You will need two instances one for QlikView and one for Qlik Sense. When it comes to prices it is best to contact your Account Manager to check what is the best way for you.

senarath
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Daniel

Thanks for the reply.

Pricing of course can be checked with the partner. Before that what I wanted to know is that ,being an existing customer, whether we need to pay for Qlik Sense.

Accordingly to your reply to first point, So I do not think we would have any additional hardware requirement in case we need to go for Qlik Sense.

Rgds,

Senarath

Giuseppe_Novello

Senarath,

As was Daniel explain you are more than welcome to use the QlikSense dektop version for free :Qlik Sense Desktop | Qlik 

However, you won't be entitle for support, if you have issue or question, this QlikSense discussion board would help you for the free edition of QlikSense issue or concerns. Now, for the Server piece, you must buy a license and your account manager can assist you with that.

Gio

Giuseppe Novello
Principal Technical Support Engineer @ Qlik
Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Hello Senarath,

I will try to clarify a little more: QlikSense Desktop is free. QlikSense Server has to be licensed. If you obtain a QlikSense Server license, you are also entitled for support for your Desktop solution.

"Accordingly to your reply to first point, So I do not think we would have any additional hardware requirement in case we need to go for Qlik Sense."

You cannot run QlikSense Server and QlikView Server parallel on the same machine. An "upgrade" as of such is not possible, but more so you will need to migrate to the different product. Additional hardware may be required to facilitate this.

/Sonja

Don't forget to Like posts and use the "Accept as Solution" button on content that answered your question! Thanks 🙂