Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JacobJones
Creator
Creator

Qlik Sense hub loads slowly over time

Hi All,

When I first boot up my machine in the morning and go to the qlik hub hosted by my company, it works fine. But as the day goes on it gets slower and slower. If I leave my machine on overnight, close all the browser windows and then reopen a browser and browse to the hub, it loads incredibly slow. Like almost a minute until the hub is fully loaded, versus ten seconds after rebooting my machine. 

I am not experiencing issues elsewhere with my machine. I am developing the sheets and my main concern is that when the users get brought on board, they might experience the same issues and I don't want to have to tell them to reboot their computer so that they can use Qlik.

Any ideas what might be causing this, things I can test, or ways to fix this issue?

Thank you for your consideration

Jacob

6 Replies
bisimerm
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Have you tried restarting the server that hosts QlikSense?

JacobJones
Creator
Creator
Author

Yes, and that has helped before. We need to get more RAM as there are times we are maxing out. However, this doesn't always work. This morning for instance, even after rebooting the server, I eventually had to restart my whole machine before I could get any work done since the load times were so incredibly slow. 

bisimerm
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Try to limit the memory usage from the QMC, as well as clear the cache of your device. One question, is there any other application on the Sense server, or is it dedicated?

JacobJones
Creator
Creator
Author

Regarding clearing the cache, does this mean this is a known issue and I should be advising future users that they may have to clear their cache? Or am I only coming across this issue since I am developing our dashboards and using Qlik Sense so intensively?

I will need to ask the people in charge of the server, we are in different time zones so I am unable to right now. What is the issue there? 

Thanks for the help.

bisimerm
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

For the server, it may be that it is becoming saturated, due to the calculations and graphs generated. Because of the cache issue, it can only be on your computer. Being a web service, I imagine that the error goes more towards the sense server. This server must be dedicated only to sense.

I hope I understand my translation, since I don't speak English.  xD

JacobJones
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks, for the feedback I will bring it up with the person in charge of the server.  Your English is very clear :).

Jacob