Qlik Community

New to Qlik Sense

Discussion board where members can get started with Qlik Sense.

Announcements
Qlik® Product Spotlight: Discover what’s possible. Get more from our products.
See for yourself. Register today.
Not applicable

Qlik Sense if condition with decimal weird behavior

Hi all,

I have little transformation on my app very simple which works againg  Home_Flag  = 1 or 0 (numeric) and I noticed that it works strangely if I use this expression:

if(Home_Flag = 0,'No','Yes')  putting Yes for some data where Home_Flag = 0

it happening while working on big dataset (500K+ rows).

I fixed this by using:

if(Home_Flag > 0,'Yes','No')

Not sure what is wrong with first one, I DID played with quotes around "0" and it doesn't make any diff.  I used it to add column in my simple table in Q Sense.

Thanks

M

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

Re: Qlik Sense if condition with decimal weird behavior

I think that is because when you write equal to 0 it looks for exact zero. If there is any decinal value like 0.0000002 it will go to else condition. It is always better to use >=0 if you are looking for positive value or with >0 and < 2 something like that so that it will take care of decimal values.

5 Replies
Not applicable

I think that is because when you write equal to 0 it looks for exact zero. If there is any decinal value like 0.0000002 it will go to else condition. It is always better to use >=0 if you are looking for positive value or with >0 and < 2 something like that so that it will take care of decimal values.

lakshmikandh
Not applicable

May be your home_flag what some values like 0.000XXX which is not exactly zero, that is why it works with > operator.

jontydkpi
Not applicable

I agree - it seems likely that your zero is not exactly zero (even though it may display as 0). You could also try

=If(Round(Home_Flag) = 0, 'No', 'Yes')

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Not applicable

Thanks Jaydeep, Lakshmikandh and Jonathan, I'm doing more work to clarify this, still have itching about this,  alas can't give stars to all you..

Best

M

Not applicable

I did more testing and see that it's indeed  0 or 1, this load doesn't brings any rows, so it might be something else including my errors.

LOAD

WHERE FLAG <> 1 and FLAG <> 0