cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
skyline01
Creator
Creator

Qlik Sense languages

What is the language used for loading data into Qlik Sense (similar to M for Power BI)?  I read that it may be based on Lua (and expressed in BNF).  Also, what is the language used for set expressions (similar to DAX for Power BI)?  I'm asked these questions a lot, and I'd like to give a more definitive answer.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Øystein_Kolsrud
Employee
Employee

They are both proprietary languages to Qlik. I'm not sure if they have names actually. I'd simply refer to them as the "Qlik scripting language" and the "Qlik expression language".

View solution in original post

4 Replies
skyline01
Creator
Creator
Author

@Øystein_Kolsrud 

Thank you for the above information, but that does not answer my question.  I understand that the Qlik scripting language uses BNF syntax.  What I want to know is...  What is the name of the Qlik scripting (data load) language?  Also, what is the name of the set analysis (measure definition) language? Again, using Power BI as a comparison to help clarify what I mean, the scripting language is M and the data analysis (measure definition) language is DAX.

Øystein_Kolsrud
Employee
Employee

They are both proprietary languages to Qlik. I'm not sure if they have names actually. I'd simply refer to them as the "Qlik scripting language" and the "Qlik expression language".

skyline01
Creator
Creator
Author

@Øystein_Kolsrud 

Thank you.  That is precisely what I'm looking for.