cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Qlikierick
Contributor II
Contributor II

Qlik Sense map data

Hi everyone. This is my first post on this forum, so I'm sorry if this has been asked before (didn't find anything about it on a quick search at least).

I am trying to create maps in Qlik Sense based on statistics data, but the data doesn't contain any coordinates, so I'm wondering what Qlik Sense supports instead of longitudes and latitudes. The data instead contains codes that are used within the "governmental community" in my country, such as municipality codes, district codes etc.

How can I use that data to plot regions in a map in Qlik Sense, and if I can't, what could I do instead?

Very grateful for any tips! 🙂

Labels (1)
4 Replies
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Qliksense recognizes country codes, country names, states/provinces/cities, counties/ZIPs (I think, and USA only). The Data Manager will automatically identify them - more detail in the US and Europe, less detail in other countries.

For governmental region codes, you will need to provide a lat/long mapping the the government codes and then use a point layer on the maps.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Qlikierick
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks a lot jonty!

Gysbert_Wassenaar

You most likely will need a data set that contains the geometries of your districts and municipalities. QS has geometries for countries and cities. So if you have fields with country and or city names you can tell QS to treat those fields as geo fields. But for municipalities and districts you'll have to supply the geometries. That's what we do if we need maps for the Netherlands.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Qlikierick
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Aha, excellent. Thanks Gysbert!