Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Qlik Sense mapping features for 2018

Hi,

@mto

I noticed that ESRI has a free "plug-in" called ArcGis Maps for Power BI and it looks pretty good in that product.  There is also a "plus" version for those willing to pay a subscription fee for additional functionality.

We are currently a Qlik Sense site (in a reduced deployment) where a business requirement for similar ESRI functionality may tip the organisation towards the MS product as the enterprise VizTool choice for the future.

What does Qlik have that competes to that, now and in the near future?  I know Qlik has Geo Analytics but we're certainly not going to pay for that when we are an ESRI site to start with.  There may be a couple of Sense extensions around for ESRI but they are not at the same level as the Power BI visual mentioned above.

Unfortunately, I'm not positioned to build extensions as I do not currently have the requisite programming skills.

Look forward to comments and suggestions here.

Kind regards,
Ozzie

2 Replies
OmarBenSalem

Starting from the Qlik Sense April 2018, Maps with multiple layers + automatic zooming etc will be available by DEFAULT in Qlik Sense.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Omar,

Hope you are well and great to hear from you again.

I know from researching the forums here that the standalone GeoAnalytics has the ability to connect to ESRI ArcGis.  Do you know if the QS April 2018 release will have this ability based on Mike Tarallo's comments elsewhere that some of the GeoAnalytics features are starting to be incorporated into the core QS product?

Kind regards and take care,

Ozzie