Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Qlik Sense, no totals displayed in plan table

Hi, I have pretty simple app of 3 sheets, on of it is plan detail table with some  aggr  and I don't have Totals for my column Amount.

Amount field has value for all raws, it's formatted like  Money $#,##0;-#,##0;, nothing special.

I tried Totals auto and Custom settings without success. Still have dash in place of totals. 

As I understand  those Totals are 100% internal function, I don't see any way to research this myself, what could go wrong.

Thanks for leads.

V

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

What are the exact expressions you are using?

If you are using the aggr() function, make sure to use an outer aggregation function.

Pitfalls of the Aggr function

Use Aggregation Functions!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I actually did same logic into new sheet and it worked OK on new sheet with table, and still doen't show anything on old one.

What could it be ??

Is there any way to see what kind of element it is, it's very helpful if you working on old app, let say how to say is it pivot table or just table, is there any property I can see this ????

V

swuehl
MVP
MVP

What are the exact expressions you are using?

If you are using the aggr() function, make sure to use an outer aggregation function.

Pitfalls of the Aggr function

Use Aggregation Functions!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Swuehl,

I used exactly same  build steps for  both tables and one of them still doesn't have Totals. So I don't  think it's b'z of any aggr syntax. Probably something didn't get reversed accordingly during development. I works OK on freshly made table.

I saw this happening in SSRS when reversing changes sometime don't work.

In both cases I used:

aggr(If((IN_CURR_FY = 1 and vSW = 1) or vSW = 0, MEASURE_DATE), MEASURE_DATE)

+ cleared  <Show Null Values>

So I think I'll let this issue go..

Best

V