Qlik Community

New to Qlik Sense

Discussion board where members can get started with Qlik Sense.

igdrazil
Contributor III

Qlik Sense reload task failed

Hello Community,

I am trying to Schedule a Reload Task once a week. The File does binary load data from another file, which is also scheduled but there is no overlapping time or anything (original file loads on Mondays, binary file on Fridays). I checked the server for being working on capacity, but that's not the case. Both Files are created with the Qlik Sense Server Edition. We're only using one Server (no Multi-Node Setup) and all necessary rights are available on the server (read, write, update etc). I have many files set up like this, but only this single file does not load and fails the reload process after 3-4 seconds.

If I open the file in the hub and manually reload the data, it is done in some seconds.

I attach the log of the failed reload.

I hope you can help me out with that.

Regards

Chris

EDIT: Yes i tried to restart the task many many times.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
eightieschild
New Contributor III

Re: Qlik Sense reload task failed

Hi Christoph

I've actually been playing around with this today and managed to fix it.

Check the following KB article:

https://qliksupport.force.com/QS_CaseWizardKnowledgeArticle?articleId=kA5D0000000GoYi&caseId=500D000...

I noticed it mentions section access as a possible root cause. I'd already granted access to the service account, but when I looked at the reload script noticed the line:

Reload Executed By        UserDirectory=INTERNAL; UserId=sa_scheduler

So I added this internal account to the section access as ADMIN and hey presto, it works. Not sure if you had the same issue, but posting here in case it helps.

Regards

Chris

17 Replies
srivastava_sarv
Contributor III

Restart your task.

igdrazil
Contributor III

I did that at least a 100 times during my tests

sureshqv
Esteemed Contributor III

delete the task and  recreate the task and  restart your al services and machine aswell

igdrazil
Contributor III

Also done already!

srivastava_sarv
Contributor III

As i looked into your log file which you have attached, i found there is some error in your script thus please check the same.

sureshqv
Esteemed Contributor III

Did you check your Qvf  path is same  or any changes done in your qvf ?

please check the qvf once.

igdrazil
Contributor III

No script errors, as i said, when i reload the file manually by opening it through the hub, it loads just fine.

igdrazil
Contributor III

no path changes, no changes.

Khan_Mohammed
Honored Contributor II

When you doing binary load, the binary load file is available in server folder?

binary 'lib://Binary_Load_Folder/fac6bf36-7972-4083-98a8-cd193071fe7a' <<< Is this your file name you loaded in your script?

Go to Data Connections in QMC and check if you've 'Binary_Load_Folder' connection stored there.

If you can upload the logs for task failed? Full log, it will give you an option to download logs when task fails or is it the full log?

Binary 'lib://Binary/FILENAME.qvf';

//The syntax for your Binary statement should be like above..

If not try changing your Binary Data Folder connection, create a new one, place your binary file in that folder and run the task

Binary file should load first and then your source file (ideal way of doing it)