Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amirmohamed
Creator
Creator

Qlik Sense suppress zero/null values in Measure

Hi all,

I have done a lot of searches but I am unable to find a best solution

I have  a Qlik sense application, I am using a table, in the Dimension i have Product and in measure i have sum(sales) - sum(margin)

I get the result but I also get zero or null values, how can I suppress the zero/null values?

I tried using the Add-ons -> Data handling and untick Include zero values but the zero values are still showing

I have tried if(sum(sales) - sum(margin) > 0, sum(sales) - sum(margin), 0)    and i have tried if(sum(sales) - sum(margin) > 0, sum(sales) - sum(margin))

but the zero values or null values still show in the table/pivot table, please help

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

that's why you are still getting those rows because you have 2 measures not equals to zero.

to get it works you should use an if condition to force 0 value for those measures.

View solution in original post

12 Replies
sunny_talwar

Do you think that it might be a real small non-zero number? Like 0.000001?

amirmohamed
Creator
Creator
Author

Hello Sunny,

I have checked that and I am sure it is a zero number and to make sure I have checked the sales and margin for this product and they are both showing ex; 100k

agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

are you sure all measures value is 0 and not ex. 0.001 or NULL ?

Unticking include zero values under add-on ignores all table rows with 0 value NOT NULL in all measures.

shivanandk
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Do you have more than one measure in the table?  Suppress zero will work if all the measures are zero.

sunny_talwar

Again if you are not looking at decimals or looking at too less decimals, you won't know. For example, Sum(Sales) = 96.23000000000001 and Sum(Margin) = 96.23

Both will look 96.23 if you have two decimals, but in fact they are not... may be try this

Round(Sum(Sales)) - Round(Sum(Margin))

amirmohamed
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Shivanand,

Yes, i have 2 more measures that are not null/zero values

but I want to explode them based on the sum above

amirmohamed
Creator
Creator
Author

I have done the round and the zero values are still showing

woshua5550
Creator III
Creator III

try this

Sum({<Product = {"=Sum(sales)-Sum(margin)<>0"}>}sales-margin)

agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

that's why you are still getting those rows because you have 2 measures not equals to zero.

to get it works you should use an if condition to force 0 value for those measures.