Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlik Sense task scheduling using .bat files(Windows batch scheduling)

Hi All,

Is there any way to configure the Qlik sense app scheduling using .bat files, instead of using the QSS(Scheduler).

Please help me in achieving the same and it would be great if the code is available for reference.

To simply the requirement - When I execute the .bat file it should reload the respective Qlik Sense Task created in QEMC(Tasks).

Note: The same has been achieved in Qlik View using .bat files. I believe it is not that much straight in Qlik Sense as in Qlik View.

Thanks in advance

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Vinay,

You would not use a bat file, but you could use a powershell script to connect to the Qlik Respository Service (QRS) REST api.

With this API you can administer and manage a Qlik Sense deployment.  You may consider reviewing a simple example of QRS connectivity here:

GitHub - eapowertools/PowerShell_QRSDeleteUsers: A PowerShell script to remove unwanted users from Q...

This powershell script uses the invoke-restmethod commandlet.

For more advanced, have a look at Qlik-CLI GitHub - ahaydon/Qlik-Cli: Qlik Sense Cmdlet for PowerShell

Please mark responses helpful and/or correct to help other community members find answers to similar questions quickly.

jg

Not applicable
Author

Hi Jeffery,

i have tried  QLIK-CLI, and able to get the list of qlik functions and the readme is not helped me , how to run them, i am looking for , how can i start the Task with providing the id and string and parameters along with wait.  if we have some example how the functions will work , it will help me.

Thanks

Veera

ahmedadmin
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Jaffery,

I am trying to automate apps movment within environments. Please let us know if there is a used case for Qlik-CLI.

I am trying to find some documentation for this. Please provide us any links for documentation.